My week in pictures… (from L-R, T-B; Fun family in Calgary, Positive Fabulous Women mixer with founder Katia Miller & friends, speaking at One Red Lipstick LIVE with creator Spenser Chapple and SociaLIGHT founder Theresa Laurico, Savvy Women Society event with founder Ellen Kalis & friends)
Mr. Sun showed his face a few times this week – which not only made me pretty happy – it also made me realize spring is finally here!
And so what better way to celebrate than some good ol’ fashioned Spring cleaning! Everyone’s favourite thing to do at this time of year. Or is it?!? Well, it’s about to be…
Because I don’t necessarily mean cleaning out the cobwebs and the cupboards or sweeping up your basement – if you even have a basement?!? – I want to up the anti a little bit.
I want to talk about spring cleaning for your life and for your business.
What does your desk look like right now? (Be honest! Although if you’ve managed to get all of your tax papers in on time like good little citizens it may actually look quite clear right now!) How about your closet? Your filing cabinet? Do you even have a filing cabinet?
We have – fingers crossed – four months of spring and summer and sunshine and patios ahead of us. So why not just as the snow melted away (finally!) to make way for the sun, we melt away any additional, unnecessary clutter in our lives to make way for something new?
Here are some ideas:
- Pack away all of your winter clothes. And then look at what you can’t really see yourself wearing anymore – be it winter or spring. Donate, or organize a clothing swap with your friends (I’ve managed to score some pretty amazing pieces at clothing swaps!)
- Go through your desk papers. Don’t be afraid to purge! It feels SO good after I’ve gone through a pile…
- Clean our your filing cabinet. If you find reports, articles, things you haven’t looked at in the last year ~ unless it’s an important must keep document ~ get rid of it!
- Get up to date on your bills and receipts. A scary thing for a lot of us (myself included!) however can you imagine how great you’re going to feel when you’re on top of it all?
- Do an email de-cluttering. Commit to going through even 10 or 20 old emails a day. Or even just go through what still exists from the beginning of the month. Or last month. Either deal with it, delegate it, or delete it! (or at least archive if that’s easier… )
- Tie up any loose ends with any individuals. Respond, acknowledge, forgive… whatever you need to do with that person who’s on your mind, do it.
- Change your bedding. Or at least wash your sheets. It’s spring, after all! And nothing yells spring like freshly cleaned spring-scented sheets :-). Heaven.
It’s time for some life and business spring cleaning… a little dusting and de-cluttering does a body good! (Click to tweet it out!)
So put on some good tunes, get to it, and have a FAB week!
And as per usual, now I want to hear from YOU! What spring cleaning action are YOU going to commit to taking?!? Do you have other great ideas? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.