And so, my family time time in England has come to an end… shame.
It was a very special week celebrating my fatherâ€™s 70th birthday ~ with all of my immediate family (sisters,Â my gorgeous niece, 6-week old nephew and all!), so many of my lovely cousins, uncles, aunts and family friends. And now a long night ahead of me as I get all of the last minute things ready for the inaugural â€œWomen Living B.I.G.â€ â€“ Day of Empowerment tomorrow… (although by the time you read this it’s likely already ON! Woo hoo!) It is part of ielev8u ~ Dynamo Entrepreneur 3-Day Expo (I have FREE TICKETS TO SATURDAYâ€™S â€˜INSPIRING EXCELLENCE SYMPOSIUM! Register HERE and use code â€˜dynamo733â€™ ), and itâ€™s going to be awesome. That being said, it certainly has been challenging being away and trying to maximize family time in the UK the very week leading up to this big event!
I have certainly learned a LOT…
And so, this week Iâ€™m going to be honest, share my confessions, and at least attempt to keep it short :-).
- I like plane food
- Iâ€™ve had a fabulous time with my family this past week in England, and yet much of the time I was worried about what I needed to be doing work-wise.
- I do LOVE speaking in public (as you read this Iâ€™ll be in my element on stage at â€œWomen Living B.I.G.â€!) I still get nervous every time.
- I love saying YES, I love new opportunities, and yes, I still get FOMO. Which sometimes gets me into trouble… Often I double-book myself, get in over my head, or wind up pretty darn stressed.
- Iâ€™m really not great at staying on top of my inbox.
- I love being around people, and I still get lonely.
- Iâ€™ve been running on a few hours sleep regularly for the past little while, can now add jet-lag into the mix, and despite the fact it shows on my face, itâ€™s all good. Thank goodness I run off adrenalin!
- I totally get the benefits of single-taking, and yet Iâ€™m still useless at it (have a movie on in the background while I eat my plane food meal of chicken and rice right now! (And while Iâ€™m confessing, I may as well admit I also cry during a lot of movies, especially when Iâ€™m flying I find!)
- Although I do care about what people think of me, I canâ€™t help but be me… idiosyncracies and all.
- I donâ€™t eat gluten-free 100% of the time :-).
- I feel the fear ~ lots of it ~ and Iâ€™m all about doing it anyway.
- Iâ€˜m a contributing author to an upcoming book ~ VERY exciting ~ and my chaper is due on Saturday… Â yet havenâ€™t even begun writing. Perhaps I should get on that soon?!?
- It was my Mumâ€™s birthday yesterday ~ she would have been 68. I canâ€™t believe itâ€™s been almost 10 years… I still miss her everyday.
As I sometimes say, we have our whole lives to be a work in progress. Thank goodness, â€˜cause I am VERY much learning as I go! And yes, I may be running around like a crazy chicken, but I donâ€™t think Iâ€™ll ever change…
I remember being in high school, being utterly stressed, and knowing full well that one day I would forget all about whatever assignment I was working on and wishing I didnâ€™t make it matter so much.
I’ve had numerous moments recently, feeling utterlyÂ stressed, and knowing full well that one day I would forget all about whatever event I was promoting and wishing I didnâ€™t make it matter so much.
Itâ€™s true, it was my Mumâ€™s birthday yesterday. I canâ€™t believe itâ€™s been almost 10 years… I still miss her every day. I still cry about her regularly. Iâ€™m still afraid no one will ever get me quite like she did. And yet somehow life goes on, the show goes on, the plane will take off whether youâ€™re on it or not.
We only get one shot. Nothing is guaranteed. Make moments count. Make mistakes. Forgive yourself. Celebrate. Learn. Be where you are. Be okay with where you are. Do your best. And never give up on your dreams. (Click to tweet it out!)
I may still have a lot of learn, but isnâ€™t that what life is all about?
Happy Friday! And have a FAB week, everyone!
P.S. For those of you who made it to the end of this article, and live in the GTA, I have a special surprise for you. Complimentary tickets to â€œWomen Living B.I.G.â€ ~ Day of Empowerment!Â Because I believe in you. Now you better move fast!!! It starts at 9am (itâ€™s also okay if youâ€™re late… and itâ€™s on until 4pm)Â Go HERE: http://bit.ly/11mVGQQand enter promocode â€œwomen-living-big-full.â€ I hope to see you there!