Through the sweat, the stress, all the tears and the fears, it was SO worth it…
One week ago today we were literally ‘taking the leap’ into foam pits, being cheerleaders with the former captain of the Argos Cheerleading Squad (complete with pom poms and everything!), and trying out activities like drum circles, creative time travel, African dance, Sign Language, juggling, self defense… We enjoyed incredible performances from musicians to jugglers to spoken word poets, we even a pole dancer and a surprise FLASH MOB!
Not to mention getting TOTALLY inspired by the incredible two-time Olympic Gold Medalist Heather Moyse (who even had my Dad in tears… yes, he was the sole brave man in a room of over 100 women!)
It truly was an EPIC day.
Now it wasn’t all unicorns and rainbows (let’s pretend I wasn’t crying in the shower at 5:30am the morning of when all the printing and the beautiful playbooks hadn’t yet arrived, and had to put them in an Uber at the last minute!) yet when I was actually standing in that room, in front of a packed house of empowered women and smiling faces, I had a moment of “Oh my goodness, WE DID IT.”
If you’re someone who wasn’t able to be there, my intention is not to make you feel left out, rather to invite you in.
It’s hard to sum up in words what the day was all about, so I thought I’d share some of the words and phrases the women wrote on the ‘I am Living Big’ wall…
(and oh yes, there were more tears when, the night before I found myself in some random office unit somewhere off the highway east of Toronto picking up this beautiful sign, I realized it would have to be chopped into 3 pieces in order to squeeze into my mini! Not sure what I was thinking there… however LOTS learned!)
SO, what does living big mean to YOU?
- Inviting fear along for the adventure
- Taking chances
- Living the life of your dreams and serving the world with your unique legacy
- Nurturing me to nurture others
- Connecting to my inner child ~ the one who explores all there is
- Believing and accomplishing my dreams
- No longer living within self-imposed limits
- Living large baby!
- Now is my time
- Be courageous… there is only now
- Letting go of fear and finding FREEDOM in exchange
- Life is not a rehearsal
- Saying NO more and YES to joy
- Setting BIG goals and crushing them
- Doing something once a day that scares you…
- Courageously stepping out of my comfort zone
- I am limitless and create all possibilities that are for my greater good
- Being prepared to stand out from the crowd
- Recognize and be grateful for each day
- Feeling empowered to do something new and exciting!
And that was only a random handful…
Reading these words warms my heart. And then watching so many brave women literally bring these ideas to life as they did last Friday ~ is ridiculously inspiring.
And so, even though I found myself panting and sweating up a storm yesterday in the Telus Tower loading dock, during my third trip back picking up the last of the boxes of goods, I couldn’t help but smile.
While struggling to squeeze the sign into my car, I caught myself reading some of these powerful phrases. And in that moment, I realized the sleepless nights, the stress, all the fears and all the tears, were all so totally worth it.
Thank you ALL… to my amazing WLB Team, to those who partnered with us, supported us, generously sponsored us, volunteered with us, participated with us, or were quietly watching from the sidelines… from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU.
You helped to make MY big dream a reality. And I am forever grateful.
And now I want to hear from YOU! Answer this question: “I am living big…” in the comments below!
And have a FAB week!