Have you downloaded Houseparty yet?
It’s an app that allows you to literally have a virtual house party with your friends… and so long as you’re online at the same time as your contacts – they can invite others to come into your house party – or you to theirs!
You can also play games – there’s a Pictionary-type game where you have to draw objects while the others guess, a ‘chips and guac’ card game that follows the same idea as Cards Against Humanity (although not as offensive!) and more…
I’ve had a few house parties over the past week, and I have to say they’re quite fun!
I know it’s a bit of a strange, scary time. Especially when you’re seeing the numbers seem to get way out of control. It’s surreal in so many ways.
And, it doesn’t have to be all doom and gloom all of the time.
In fact, I also think if we look for them, there are some gifts that are coming out of this time also.
It’s certainly giving us time to think and reflect on what matters most.
One of the things I started doing as soon as self-isolation hit a few weeks ago, was a daily ‘5 at 5.’
I share a new quote, a journal prompt, a resource, a thought, and a brave action challenge.
And so, I thought I would compile five of these 🌟 ‘5 at 5’s 🌟 for your reading pleasure now… (feel free to also grab some popcorn 🍿 and watch the videos!)
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” Margaret Mead
“Trouble knocked at the door, but, hearing laughter, hurried away.”
“Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new centre of gravity. Don’t fight them. Just find a new way to stand.” – Oprah Winfrey
“Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” – William James
“Conversations will not be canceled.
Relationships will not be canceled.
Love will not be canceled.
Songs will not be canceled.
Reading will not be canceled.
Self-care will not be canceled.
Hope will not be canceled.
May we lean into the good stuff that remains.”
– Jamie Tworkowski
JOURNAL PROMPTS: 📓
- What do I need to take care of me, today?
- How am I growing right now?
- What am I grateful for?
- Where are the opportunities in this situation?
- What things matter to me most?
- Popsugar Online Workouts! (they are my saving grace!)
- 🎶🎵 ‘ Love Is Still the Answer’ 🎵 🎶 (you really need to watch the video!)
- Marble Races! (apparently all the rage right now!)
- A collection of FUN MEMES that will bring a smile to your face!
- Houseparty app! (so fun, trust me!)
- One day at a time.
- Productive can mean different things!
- There is no right way or wrong way to do this. Only your way.
- You are braver than you think.
- Who I am here, is who I am everywhere. How I face this, is how I face everything.
BRAVE ACTIONS: 👍
- Have a dance party! Pump up your fave song, grab a spatula as your mic – and whether with your family or on your own – get jiggy with it!
- Take a social media and news detox… if only for a day, or even a few hours
- Reconnect 2 people from your past – either someone you used to go to school with, an old boss, or a long lost acquaintance and ask them how they are. And let them know you’re thinking of them.
- Do 5 push-ups! (Or a few less, or a few more… challenge yourself!) That’s right… the physical challenge today!
- Reach out to, or even make friends with, a stranger… smile at someone you pass on the street, leave a note under your neighbor’s door, ask your post worker or grocery store clerk how they are doing, wave at someone in your building through your window across the way.
(To that end, I’ve opened up my calendar to chat one-on-one with anyone who needs a listening ear, a sounding board, or a virtual dance 💃 partner! Schedule some time with moi HERE.)
Until next week … one day at a time, better days ahead, and lots of elbow pumps coming your way.