This week I was intending to recycle one from the archives. You see I’m working on an exciting new program – which I’m soft launching TODAY! – and wanted to give myself permission to work on the copy, as well as my book (Fridays are now my writing days!)
At least, that was the plan.
You know what happened instead?
I ended up getting sucked into the ‘Happy Friday’ vortex ~ and spent way too much time re-reading these emails that I’ve been writing for – get this – almost 5 years! Holy geez! Just WHERE does the time go?!?
And the biggest ah-ha I had? I don’t really think I’ve changed very much in all that time.
I’m writing about much the same things, and in much the same way.
It’s funny. I would’ve thought I’d be in such a different place by now ~ however I guess it just means I’m still me. Which is a good thing, no?
I mean, a lot has changed – I started by writing about my time living in Germany and then Wales to keep my friends and family in the loop – and now I have a blog, a business, and I’m writing from back home in Toronto (at least this week!), to my extended community about my journeys and my learnings, sprinkled with dashes of inspiration and ideas of how to live just a little bit bigger.
I’ve grown, I’ve done different things, I’ve achieved a few new things, however I’m still me.
And no matter where I go or how I grow, let’s hope I will always, at the core, still be me.
We’re growing every day, changing every day, and hopefully also enjoying the journey every day. I’m learning to quiet the noise ~ to look less at what everyone else is trying to do, and instead focus more on what is right for me.
BE more you and DO more you. You’re the only one in the world who has all you have. And it deserves to be shared. (click to tweet it out!)
Seeing as how I ended up doing some self-reflection this week, I’d like to offer you the same thing.
Read the following questions, and choose to answer at least 10. (And if you REALLY want to go crazy ~ answer them all! Go on, DO IT! I dare you.) And then let me know how you get on. Doing so will help you to BE more and DO more you.
- What excites me? What lights me up?
- How do I show up in the world? How do I want to show up in the world?
- How do others see me?
- What experiences do I want to create?
- What do I want to accomplish with my time on this earth?
- What will my legacy be?
- How do I want to feel?
- How do you want to feel when you wake up in the morning, and when you go to sleep at night?
- If time nor money were no object, what would I be doing right now?
- What do I truly love about myself?
- What am I grateful for right here, right now?
- How can I make a difference in this world?
- How can I add value to someone’s life today, right now?
- What do I stand for?
- Am I giving my best where I can give my best?
- Am I living my best life? What’s getting in my way?
- What do I want to do more of each day?
- What do I want to do less of each day?
- What is good enough right now?
- What is right with this picture?
- How full is my glass today?
- What shift could I make right now?
- What is one habit, that if implemented, would make all the difference?
- What does happiness look like – feel like – to me?
- What does success look like to me? Where do I feel successful in my life?
- What matters to me? I mean, what really matters to me?
- How or where could I create some space for something new?
- Where am I having fun in my life? Where could I have more fun?
- If it is worth the effort, am I giving it all of my effort?
- How big is the pie? How big is my slice?
- What is one step I could take, right now, that might bring me closer to something I’ve always wanted to do, or someone I’ve always wanted to be?
GOOD LUCK with this exercise… and let me know how it goes ~ leave me a note!
AND, seeing as how I’m soft launching my exciting new offer today – I won’t let you down, and will give you a little preview. It’s called: ‘My BIG Breakthrough Day’ ~ and it entails you, me, some intense work busting through your biggest fears, and creating a custom-tailored experience (Skydiving? Race car driving? Ziplining?) that will have you achieve something you NEVER thought possible. It’s that day that will mark the first day of the rest of your life. And it will be a day that you will no doubt remember for the rest of your life. Wanna learn more? See if it’s a fit? Book a call with me! Let’s DO this!
Have a FAB week!
Leave a Reply